Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Sell Missiles

Reservist military training never fails to deliver.
 
Last week I donned once again my army fatigues and served my country, albeit by manning a computer terminal in war games.
 
Over lunch one day in the mess, idle banter with my buddies turned to the wealthy Chinese in Indonesia. I asked casually, and rather naively, whether anyone knew exactly why the Chinese in Indonesia were far more well to do than the indigenous people.
 
It turns out they sell missiles, or at least some do. One sergeant told of how he had a (Chinese) relative in Indonesia who farmed shrimp and delivered missiles. Literally. The missiles are stored under the shrimp ponds which are, of course, a front.
 
Amazing. (if true)


Categories: , , , , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?